So the idea is this is a semi regular look at some of the notes, real and mental, that I make to myself as I slowly (and I do mean slowly) comes to terms with what Pokemon Double battles are all about.
Notes from the last 2 days include
- Darkrai with Dark Void is taking the piss somewhat. It needs to be nerfed/banned as far as I can see. But maybe I’m too happy with the ol’ ban hammer.
- If Typhlosion comes out, whack it right away, eruption is a beast (150 at full HP) but becomes manageable at lower HP levels. It is probably scarfed (seen 2 so far, both outran a max speed, jolly Garchomp so must be scarfed I think) so try hit it with priority. Has a base speed of 100, plus a scarf increases the base speed to 1.5, so 150.
- Speed matters. I repeat that again. SPEED MATTERS.
- Kyogre Water Spout – see the Typhlosion comment. Whack it, whack it hard.
- For the sake of some notes on speed. Darkrai has a ridiculous base speed of 125 , Typhlosion is base 100, Kyogre 90. For the sake of comparison, Garchomp has a base speed of 102.
- Smeargle will often have both Dark Void AND Kings Shield. And one spamming sod went and put both that Smeargle set AND Darkrai in the same team.
- Quick Guard = very annoying as a Darkrai partner. Talonflame and Hitmontop spotted as that role so far.
- Need to try a prankster taunter, though too late for this competition as can’t change Pokemon.
That about covers my notes from the last two days.